Cosmetic Dentistry in Alexandria, VA
Cosmetic dentistry can give you the smile of your dreams — not one you’ll want to hide!
Our Alexandria dental office provides various cosmetic treatment options, like teeth whitening, composite bonding, and porcelain veneers. With over 25 years of experience, our dentist, Dr. Mullaney, has helped hundreds of patients achieve their best smiles.
Learn more about our cosmetic dentistry services here.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is a field of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of your smile. It addresses various dental issues, from broken, discolored, or even misaligned teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry is about eliminating flaws with your teeth’s color or shape — so you can feel more confident!
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry
Dental bonding repairs chipped, cracked, or broken teeth with a special composite material. It can also be used to fill gaps between the teeth.
Composite bonding is fast, painless, and the least invasive cosmetic treatment.
Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored caps placed over the teeth. Veneers are permanently bonded and fix issues such as discoloration and misshapenness.
Our most popular cosmetic procedure, teeth whitening removes years of stains and discoloration. Professional whitening can be performed at home or in-office.
Invisalign is a system of clear aligners that apply continuous pressure to the teeth— similar to traditional braces. Treatment resolves misaligned, crooked, gapped, or crowded teeth.
Dental implants are the new standard for teeth replacement because they feel and function like natural teeth.
Implants are titanium screws that are placed to hold an implant crown. They offer support for fixed or removable replacement teeth, such as dental crowns, bridges, or dentures.
Implant-retained dentures are a removable replacement option for patients with one or more missing teeth. This type of denture snaps into the titanium screw part of your dental implants and can improve chewing and speech.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Some of the top benefits of cosmetic dentistry include:
- Corrects aesthetic flaws – Dr. Mullaney offers a variety of solutions to fix different dental concerns. She can transform your smile and get you looking and feeling your best.
- Boosts your confidence – It’s hard to feel confident if you’re self-conscious of your smile. Chipped or cracked teeth can be improved with cosmetic treatment, such as dental bonding. This, in turn, boosts your confidence.
- Gives you a youthful smile – As we age, it’s common to experience tooth discoloration and erosion. By correcting these cosmetic issues, Dr. Mullaney can help you look several years younger than before you walked in.
- Improves your oral health – Straight, uncrowded teeth are easier to brush and floss, which means plaque is less likely to become trapped. This lowers your risk of tooth decay and other oral health problems.
- Strengthens teeth – Cosmetic dentistry won’t just improve the look of your smile, it will also stand the test of time. Some treatments last for a decade or more. Stronger teeth last longer and perform better.
Cosmetic Dentist in Alexandria, VA
If you’ve been on the fence about cosmetic dentistry, we can help make your decision easier! Call (240) 532-3335 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mullaney!
Our dental office in Alexandria, VA, takes pride in restoring patient smiles. Contact us today to book an appointment!