Brilliant Uses for Dental Floss
And I bet you thought Dental Floss was only used on teeth. Here are some great uses for dental floss that you may not have thought of.
1. Fix a broken umbrella- fix a floppy rib by cutting a 2′ long piece of floss. using a sewing needle. thread the floss through the fabric part of the umbrella, then tie tie back the spoke.
2. Re-string a snapped bracelet- Measure out the appropriate amount of floss and begin stringing each bead on the strand. Many threads are too flimsy to hold up but floss has great strength.
3. Truss meat- Use floss instead of plain string. The nylon component of floss is tougher than twine and won’t weaken when it gets damp.
4. Pry apart stuck photos- old photos stuck together? Carefully slide a strand of dental floss between the prints. The ultra thin floss will gently loosen the pictures.
5. Redirect garden vines- Tie the stems to a wooden plank using floss. The floss will support the greenery so it can grow upward without flipping over. Then untie once the growth is complete.