10 Reasons to Visit Us!
Sure, regular cleanings with our office promote good oral hygiene, but did you know they can also prevent a multitude of diseases? That two o’clock chair-side rendezvous may not seem nearly as exciting as a late lunch with a friend, but we have 10 great reasons to make it well worth it!
1. It Prevents Oral Cancer. You may or may not realize you are screened for oral cancer during your regular dental cleaning. According to the Oral Cancer Foundation, an American dies of oral cancer every hour of every day. With our high tech Velscope machine we can spot early signs of oral cancer.
2. It Wards Off Gum Disease. Gum disease (an infection in the gum tissues and bone that keep your teeth in place) is one of the leading causes of adult tooth loss. It can be treated and reversed if diagnosed early. Regular cleanings, check-ups, and daily brushing and flossing are key weapons in the fight against these conditions.
3. It is About More than Your Mouth. Sure, not getting regular check-ups may make you less kissable, but did you know that studies have linked heart attacks and strokes to gum disease associated with poor oral hygiene? A trip to our office every 3-6 months could reduce your risk of serious health problems.
4. You Want to Preserve Your Smile. As mentioned, gum disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in adults. To keep your pearly whites intact, stick with your cleaning schedule.
5. It is Best to Detect Dental Problems Early. We’ve already touched upon early detection of gum disease and oral cancer, but don’t overlook more basic dental problems. Cavities and broken fillings are easy to treat. Without regular trips to the dentist, these problems can lead to root canals, gum surgery and tooth extraction. Which sounds worse: a 60-minute cleaning or 60 minutes under the knife?
6. You Want to Know You Are Doing It Right. Maybe you bought a fancy new electric toothbrush, or are not keeping up with what current research has to say about caring for your teeth. Either way, check-ups allow us to examine your mouth and keep you on the right path.
7. Your Smile Improves the Quality of Life. Not only is your smile contagious to those around you, it releases endorphins, lowers blood pressure, and boosts the immune system.
8. You Want to Upgrade Your Smile. If you are already suffering from tooth decay or gum problems, regular appointments will allow our office to create a personalized treatment plan that will give you the best smile possible.
9. You Want to Dazzle. Regular cleanings remove most tobacco, coffee, and tea stains; polishing your teeth to a beautiful shine!
10. You Need Some Time Alone. Okay, maybe not completely alone, but the time you spend in our chair is really your time. You can forget about the office or the stresses of family life. We want to make your dental experience the most pleasant ever. In fact, many patients comment they would rather linger here after an appointment than return to work! You deserve a supremely comfortable, relaxing atmosphere to promote your entire well-being. Take advantage of the time you are given, rather than worrying about how to fit it in your tight schedule. Your health and well-being should never take a back seat to your daily planner.
If it’s been more than 6 months since your last check up and cleaning, call our office to schedule an appointment today, 703-548-8584. We promise to take good care of you (and your smile)!